Flour Tortilla Casserole
|Photo from here|
6-8 soft taco sized flour tortillas (we used whole wheat), each cut into fourths
1 can (10.75 oz) cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1 can (12.5 oz) chicken (or you could use cooked, shredded or cut up chicken)
1/8 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp garlic powder
less than 1/8 tsp pepper
cheese (I think we use approximately 6 oz grated cheese)
* I'd like to try it with some diced tomatoes and/or minced onions, too. I think there are quite a few ways this recipe can be changed and still be delicious (type of meat, cheese, tortillas, seasonings, etc...)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Cut flour tortillas into fourths.
- Combine cream of chicken soup, sour cream, chicken, and seasonings.
- Spread a very thin layer of the chicken mixture along the bottom of a baking dish (we used an 8"x11.5"x2" glass baking dish).
- Lay 1/3 of the flour tortillas (in fourths) down to make a single layer of tortillas.
- Spoon and spread a layer of the chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle cheese (we love cheese, so we were pretty liberal with the amount we used) over the chicken mixture.
- Continue to layer (Steps 5 through 7) - we had 3 layers of tortillas total, ending with a layer of flour tortillas, a very thin layer of the chicken mixture, and lots of cheese.
- Bake (uncovered) approximately 30 minutes, the cheese will all be melted and you'll see the chicken mixture bubbles some.
- Let cool 5 minutes.