Adapted from Cooks.com
2-3 pounds skinned chicken breasts
1/4 cup flour
4 tablespoon oil
3 large onions (or onion powder)
1 teaspoon rosemary
2 medium minced garlic cloves
1 cup chicken broth
28 ounce can tomatoes (or fresh tomatoes)
- OR -
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup flour
3 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup diced onions (we used frozen, and we might add even more next time - especially after the chicken has been taken out of the skillet)
1/2 tsp rosemary
2 minced garlic cloves
1/2 to 2/3 cup chicken broth
14.5 ounce can tomatoes (or fresh tomatoes)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Dust chicken pieces with flour and set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Saute half of the onions, garlic, and rosemary.
- Add chicken pieces to skillet.
- Cook chicken pieces 4 minutes on each side, and then put in baking dish.
- Saute the remaining onions, garlic, and rosemary.
- Add tomatoes and broth to onions in skillet; cook 2 minutes.
- Pour liquid over chicken and bake 45 minutes, covered.
Adapted from campbellskitchen.com
1-3/4 cups (14 ounces) chicken broth (can use any type of broth)
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
3/4 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
1-1/2 cups chopped (fresh or frozen) spinach
1/2 cup grated cheese (optional - parmesan, mozzerella)
- Heat the broth and Italian seasoning in a 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil.\
- (If using frozen spinach, rinse first)
- Stir in spinach and rice.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- Stir in cheese. (we actually made it without any cheese, and it was great)
- Serve with additional cheese, if desired.