I came across a recipe for Alfredo Florentine Lasagna. I don't really like lasagna (partially because I don't like ricotta cheese), but the picture just looked so delicious. So, we replaced the ricotta cheese in the recipe with a combination of mascarpone cheese and shredded mozzarella. My mom, sister, husband, and I all really enjoyed it, and will try it again.
Adapted from Bertolli
15 ounces cheese (combination of mascarpone and shredded mozzarella), stirred together
1 package (10-12 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 jar Bertolli Alfredo Sauce
12 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
mozzarella cheese (shredded or thinly sliced fresh) - the recipe calls for 1 pound fresh mozzarella, but we used much less shredded mozzarella... use as much as you want
- Cook 12 lasagna noodles in large pot, drain, lay flat on baking sheet to keep the noodles straight.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine the mascarpone and shredded mozzarella cheese combination, egg, and spinach.
- Spread 1/4 cup sauce in 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Arrange 4 lasagna noodles, then top with half the cheese mixture, 1/4 cup sauce, and some mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layers, ending with noodles.
- Top with remaining sauce.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 40 minutes.
- Remove foil; top with more mozzarella (if desired).
- Bake 10 minutes more (uncovered) or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving. (Serves 8)
- Refrigerate any leftovers.