Saturday, June 2, 2012

Audience of One by Big Daddy Weave

I've been listening to inspiring music today, and while many songs have touched me, this song jumped out to me. I think it's a beautiful (and timely) reminder that it is to our Lord that my life is devoted... He is my audience of one. I long to live a life that brings glory to His name, and sometimes I need to be reminded of what is most important in my life.


Audience of One by Big Daddy Weave

I come on my knees
To lay down before you
Bringing all that I am
Longing only to know you

Seeking your face
And not only your hand
I find you embracing me
Just as I am

And I lift these songs
To you and you alone
As I sing to you
In my praises make your home

[Chorus]
To my audience of one
You are Father, and you are Son
As your spirit flows free,
Let it find within me
A heart that beats to praise you.
And now just to know you more
Has become my great reward
To see your kingdom come
And your will be done
I only desire to be yours,
Lord


So what could I bring
To honor your majesty
What song could I sing
That would move the heart of royalty
And all that I have
Is the life that you’ve given me
So Lord let me live for you
My song with humility

And Lord as the love song
Of my life is played
I have one desire
To bring glory to your name


[Chorus]

And we lift these songs
To you and you alone
As we sing to you
In our praises make your home

[Chorus]

No comments:

Post a Comment