Friday, September 23, 2011

Glass by Ross Copperman

I randomly came across this song, and it's great.
We may shine, we may shatter...We are fragile, we are human...We are shaped by the light we let through us
I think that the "light we let through us" truly does shape us. As Christians, we are called to share Jesus' love with others. Jesus tells us that “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life” (John 8:12). Allowing His light to shine through in everything we do is how we can spread His love.

It can be difficult to let others in, letting them see who you really are. But we all are fragile and imperfect. We should try not to judge one another, as we all bear our own burdens.
I'll let you look inside me... Through the stains and through the cracks... But try not to judge me... 'Cause we've walked down different paths

http://youtu.be/IFu8AYgRsog

Glass by Ross Copperman

Tryin' to live and love
With a heart that can't be broken
Is like tryin' to see the light
With eyes that can't be opened

Yea, we both carry baggage
We picked up on our way
So if you love me, do it gently
And I will do the same.

[Chorus]
We may shine, we may shatter
We may be pickin' up the pieces here on after
We are fragile, we are human
We are shaped by the light we let through us
But we break fast 'cause we are glass
'Cause we are glass

I'll let you look inside me
Through the stains and through the cracks
And in the darkness of this moment
You see the good and bad

But try not to judge me
'Cause we've walked down different paths
But it brought us here together
So I won't take that back

[Chorus]

We might be oil in water
This could be a big mistake
We might burn like gasoline and fire
It's a chance we'll have to take

[Chorus]

No comments:

Post a Comment