|© 2011 Jamie V.|
1 ½ - 2 pounds baby carrots
1 ½ teaspoon salt
3-4 tablespoons butter
2-4 tablespoons honey (or agave nectar)
4 tablespoons packed brown sugar
pepper and/or parsley (optional)
- Rinse carrots in cold water and put in medium saucepan. Cover with water, add salt. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, continue cooking approximately 15 minutes (until tender). Drain and set aside.
- In saute pan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add honey and brown sugar. Cook, stirring, until sugar is dissolved.
- Add lemon juice and gently stir in carrots, coating well. Continue heating, gently stirring, until carrots are hot and glazed.
- Top with pepper and/or parsley (optional).