Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I Surrender by Kim Walker

This song speaks what my heart is sometimes unable to say:
"All to You, I surrender,
Everything, every part of me.
All to You, I surrender,
All of my dreams, all of me.

...I surrender... cause I trust you God
...all my hope is in You
...I place all my trust
...to you God
...cause your ways are far better than mine.

No turning back, I've made up my mind,
I'm giving all of my life this time."
 I pray that the Lord help me to remember and trust that I am to surrender EVERYTHING to Him, my Lord and Savior. 

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will" (Romans 12:2) 

"Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, 'My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.'" (Matthew 26:39) 

"...choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord" (Joshua 24:15) 

"No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money" (Matthew 6:24) 

"Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn, your vindication like the noonday sun. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes" (Psalm 37:4-7)  

"For many are invited, but few are chosen" (Matthew 22:14) 

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose" (Romans 8:28) 

"The Lord makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him" (Psalm 37:23)  

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn a man against his father, a daughter against her mother,  a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household. Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it" (Matthew 10:34-39) 

"For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future'" (Jeremiah 29:11) 

"A person’s steps are directed by the Lord. How then can anyone understand their own way?" (Proverbs 20:24) 

"In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps" (Proverbs 16:9)  

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight" (Proverbs 3:5-6)  

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you" (Psalm 32:8)  

"Show me your ways, Lord, teach me your paths" (Psalm 25:4)  

"The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail" (Isaiah 58:11)

There is a long article that really fleshes out The Full Surrender. I haven't quite finished reading the entire thing, but it's been interesting and though-provoking.


I Surrender by Kim Walker 

There is no love, sweeter than the love You pour on me.
There is no song, sweeter than the song You sing to me.
There is no place, that I would rather be,
Than here at Your feet, laying down everything.

[Chorus]
All to You, I surrender,
Everything, every part of me.
All to You, I surrender,
All of my dreams, all of me.

If worship's like perfume, I'll pour mine out on You.
For there is none as deserving of my love like You.
So take my hand and draw me into You,
I want to be swept away, lost in love for You.

[Chorus] [repeat]

I surrender, I surrender (cause I trust you God)
O, I surrender (all my hope is in You)
And I surrender (I place all my trust)
O, I surrender (to you God)
O, I surrender (cause your ways are far better than mine)
OOOOoooo, I surrender... yea yea
All to you, all to you, yea yea.

O, I surrender, I surrender
I surrender (all to you, my God)
O, I surrender, I surrender
I surrender... OOooooh...

No turning back, I've made up my mind,
I'm giving all of my life this time. [repeat] 

Your love makes it worth it,
Your love makes it worth it all,
Your love makes it worth it all. [repeat]

Your love makes it worth it,
Your love makes it worth it all,
Your love makes it worth it all. [repeat]

[Chorus]

Your love makes it worth it,
Your love makes it worth it all,
Your love makes it worth it all. [repeat]

1 comment: